Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Monkeys and Bananas

.
I just had a client ask me about a form another company wants him to sign as he is renting commercial warehouse space to the other firm. I reviewed the form:  It's a hold harmless about engineering and design work, relates to purchase orders, covers subcontractors, etc.

My client had already questioned whether it was needed;  the corporate contact said "we're required to get it in all our contracts".  My guess is that he has no idea what the form does, just that "Corporate" has said "Get it". 

Some years ago a sociologist did an experiment with monkeys. Check it out at Monkeys and Bananas
and a You-Tube: Banana Vid  (I really like the corporate suits on the 'monkeys' in the video!)

Probably a lesson for our governments also.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment